Tuesday, August 07, 2012

PocketWizard Photo Products Announces ControlTL Firmware Update

PocketWizard Photo Products Announces ControlTL Firmware Update

Here is an upgrade I've been waiting for. Looks like the 5D3 owners have to wait a little longer though.

Update


I have spent the last several days testing all of my ControlTL related  equipment and I could not be more pleased.

First I updated my Flextt5's and MiniTl to the latest firmware. (I tweaked the profiles of the Flextt5's as I had been meaning to do for sometime.)

After updating the firmware I wanted to test each unit to set my mind at ease that everything would work as I expected. Plus I wanted to test the changed firmware with the PocketWizard AC3 and AC9's and with my Sekonic L-358 with the new RT-32CTL module.

So with my Alien Bee 800, octa and AC9 I connected each FlexTT5 to it and ran it through the paces. Using the L-358 I metered the light and using the MiniTL/AC3 I adjusted the power of the light then re-metered!  Success!! Every piece of equipment performed as it should and to my complete satisfaction!

Now I am all ready for my next shoot (in less than a week) and I will be using the Sekonic L-358 for my setup and will be very confident in it!

No comments: