Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Latest project completed

Latest project completed by Music Man5
Latest project completed, a photo by Music Man5 on Flickr.
It had been a long time since I had refinished a chair like this. Too long I guess because my skills had gotten a little rusty.

This chair is one of three. They belonged to my grandmother and I refinished them originally for her. I had the forest green paint removed and then I sanded them. I finished them using amber shellac and polyurethane.

This particular chair still had too much green paint still in the grain of the chair. (And the amber shellac didn't help.) So I stripped the chair and attempted to remove the remaining paint.

I was about 60% successful but some of it is just too deep in the grain. So I stained the chair with a golden oak stain and polyurethaned it again.

It was so much 'fun' I may redo the other 2 next!

(Photographing it was a lot of fun too. A good exercise in lighting.)

No comments: