Since I'm so happy with my color today let me share a couple of other things.
Your monitors image quality is very important. About six months or so ago I upgraded to the LaCie 324 (one Will Crockett recommends) from a Dell monitor and wow what a difference that made. Check out Will's recommendations here and over at www.shootsmarter.com. Here is a video by Will discussing monitors.
Next I picked up the ColorChecker Passport. The 2nd side of the perfect color triangle is The X-rite ColorChecker Passport! Click Here to see a short video about the ColorChecker Passport.
Now I have closed the loop (completed the triangle or whatever) and created an accurate profile for my monitor!! Now I can create accurate skin tones in my images, something I had been struggling with. I purchased the X-Rite EyeOne Display 2 profiler. Here is a link to a Will Crockett video talking about the important of profiling your monitor and how easy it is to do it.
If I remember I'll post a before and after image a little later.
No comments:
Post a Comment