I saw THIS article on renting lenses on the Digital Photography School blog and it reminded me to share my recent experience with you.
I had an event to cover and I thought that I needed a wider lens on my 40D than I currently owned. So I considered renting a lens to find out if it was something that I really needed or not, for my upcoming event and those in the future.
So I researched several lenses and settled on the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ultra wide angle. So then I started looking for someone to rent it from. The only company that had one was Lens Pros to Go and it was out. So I added my name to the waiting list and hoped that it came back into stock before my event came up. Well it did.
So I submitted my rental and the lens was delivered on the day they said it would be. The lens was in perfect condition and has been a lot of fun to use. Lens Pro to Go makes it very easy to return their lenses by using FedEx as their shipper. (FedEx drop off or pickup is very easy.) All in all it has been beneficial to me to be able to use this lens and they have made it very simple for me to do so.
Next time I need to rent a lens I will be returning to Lens Pro to Go! I can't comment on the other companies listed in the article above but I do not need to, as I have found my lens rental company.
2 comments:
One of my favorite things to do is rent a lens I have no intention of acutally purchasing and using it exclusively for the entire weekend. It really makes you think more creatively as a photographer.
After this experience I can see how that would be a great way to learn.
Post a Comment